One of the smallest entries garnered the biggest prize at the Channel Islands Harbor’s 53rd Annual Parade of Lights.
Cruzin Tiki, a 16-foot tiki bar vessel owned by Keith and Arlene Beckwith of Oxnard, took home the Sweepstakes prize, which goes to the entry with the highest overall score at the parade. More than 35 boaters participated in the parade, themed "Heroes on Holiday."
While the vessel was decorated festively, catching the attention of thousands of spectators at the Parade of Lights, it was who was on board and what was playing that was special.
Joining the Beckwiths were two full-uniformed military members, one Navy veteran and one Marine veteran, who also brought family members with them. During the parade, Cruzin Tiki played the Navy and Marine hymns.
Keith Beckwith said this is the third year the Cruzin Tiki has participated in the parade.
Here is the full list of winners:
- Cruzin Tiki, Keith & Arlene Beckwith
Yacht Club Over 30’
- 1st Place: Pacific Corinthian Yacht Club
- 2nd Place: Anacapa Yacht Club
Electric Boat (Boat Name/Boat Owner)
- 1st Place: Auntie Pat, Thomas Jackson & Richard Tentler
- 2nd Place: It’s All Good, Thomas & Leah Lucas
- 3rd Place: Lo Voltage, Mitch & Michelle Loman
- 1st Place: Central Coast Electric Boats
- 2nd Place: Salt Waterside Bistro
Individual Over 30’ (Boat Name/Boat Owner)
- 1st Place: Bossea Lady, Pam Rutherford
- 2nd Place: Tilly Tilly, Travis Zajic
- 3rd Place: Octavia, Leon & Karen Parkhouse
Individual 30’ and Under (Boat Name/Boat Owner)
- 1st Place: Cruzin Tiki, Keith & Arlene Beckwith
- 2nd Place: Triton, Adail & Deb Gaynor
- 3rd Place: Open Wide, William Clark
Best Dressed Crew
- Central Coast Electric Boats
Most Humorous Display
- Pacific Corinthian Yacht Club