The Channel Islands Boating Center (CIBC) is one of the Harbor’s greatest assets.
The CIBC, located at 3880 Bluefin Circle Drive in the Harbor, provides educational and recreational opportunities for youth and adults of Ventura County, the CSU Channel Islands community and others from around the state.
Here is a snapshot of the activities held in November:
- County of Ventura staff members from the Lean Six Green Belt training program hosted a four-day training in the upstairs classrooms on Nov. 7, 8, 21, 22.
- The American Chemical Society – California section held a meeting in the upstairs classroom on Nov. 9 with approximately 25 guests.
- The National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration National Sanctuary(NOAA) held a five-hour meeting in one of the upstairs classrooms on Nov. 9 with approximately 40 guests.
- The CSUCI Green Generation Club participated in a kayaking harbor clean up and collected 43 pounds of trash on Nov. 9.
- Members of CI Faculty hosted a four-day Expository Reading and Writing Course (ERWC) for local high school teachers from 11/13-11/17 in the CIBC classrooms.
- The CSUCI Outdoor Adventure Living Learning Community participated in two-hour kayaking tour of the harbor on Nov. 24.
- Fall Sailing, kayaking, and stand up paddle boarding classes concluded on Nov. 9 and we will begin our Spring classes on 2/07/2020: http://www.ciboating.org/programs/adults/