Boaters will have access to the launch ramp at the Channel Islands Harbor starting Friday, April 24, 2020 with new guidelines in place, the Ventura County Harbor Department announced.
Harbor Department Director Mark Sandoval said the boat launch ramp will reopen under the following conditions and protocols:
- The hours of the launch ramp and parking lot will be 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., seven days a week.
- Vehicles in the parking lot after closing will be cited by Ventura County Harbor Patrol, and the cited vehicle will be prohibited from future use of the launch ramp for one month.
- Only 3 of the 6 launch lanes will be open, 2 of the 4 wash stations will be open, and customers are recommended to space the parking of their vehicle/trailer, all of which will enhance the social distancing efforts.
- Each vehicle/vessel will be limited to members of the same household.
- Masks are recommended when outside the vehicle or vessel in the launch ramp and parking lot areas.
Director Sandoval said the reopening will enhance public recreational opportunities while meeting the requirements of the Ventura County Public Health Order issued April 20, 2020.
“This reopening is meant to enhance wellness by facilitating outdoor recreation while including social distancing requirements to halt the spread of the COVID-19 virus,” Sandoval said. “We appreciate the patience of our boating community and expect them to continue to practice safe social distancing.”
Editor’s Note: this story was published April 21, 2020.