Forty vessels took to the water at the 54th Annual Parade of Lights but only one took home the Sweepstakes prize, an award that goes to the entry with the highest overall score at the parade.
This year’s theme was Musical Notes & Holiday floats and the winning vessel, entered by the Channel Islands Yacht Club, didn’t disappoint.
Our Blue Heaven, a 58-foot Spindrfit owned by Sherry Brisbane, had plenty of lights and a “Musical Note to Santa,” a large scroll featuring a wish list of holiday gifts that are included in the song, Santa Baby. This list included: a ’54 convertible, light blue, a diamond ring and a yacht. The three large gifts were floating on the bow of the vessel and put down a chimney of a beautifully decorated house with snow on the roof and presents all around.
The last time the Channel Islands Yacht Club took home the Sweepstakes prize was December 2014.
Here is the full list of winners:
- Our Blue Heaven, Channel Islands Yacht Club
Yacht Club Over 30’
- 1st Place: Channel Islands Yacht Club
- 2nd Place: Pacific Corinthian Yacht Club
- 3rd Place: Anacapa Yacht Club
Yacht Club 30’ and Under
- 1st Place: Anacapa Yacht Club
Electric Boat (Boat Name/Boat Owner)
- 1st Place: Lady of Monaco, Cliff Walters
- 2nd Place: O Watt A Feeling, Craig Rond
- 3rd Place: At Last, Karen and Marvin Hatch
- 1st Place: Central Coast Electric Boats
Individual Over 30’ (Boat Name/Boat Owner)
- 1st Place: Offshore Driller, William Clark
- 2nd Place: Bonaroo, Daniel McCarty
- 3rd Place: Bossealady, Tim Greiner
Individual 30’ and Under (Boat Name/Boat Owner)
- 1st Place: Esta Sea, Darryl Anderle
- 2nd Place: Papa, Marko and Elsa Bratina
- 3rd Place: Seadoo Fishing, Tommy Bolger
Best Dressed Crew
- Anacapa Yacht Club
Most Humorous Display
- Schiada, Rick Dunlap
#ChannelIslandsHarbor #ParadeofLights #Living805
Posted by Rich & April – Living805 Real Estate on Thursday, December 19, 2019