View this post on Instagram
More than 60 boisterous boaters took to the Channel Islands Harbor waters during the 56th Annual Parade of Lights.
Nearly 30 of the boaters were competing for Sweepstakes Prize, an award that goes to the entry with the highest overall score at the parade.
This year’s theme was Let It Glow and the winning vessel, entered by Marko Bratina and Elsa Koryna, did a fantastic job with dazzling the crowd and judges.
Papa, a 30-foot Islander skippered by Marko Bratina, was shining bright throughout the parade. This is the first year Marko Bratina has taken home the Sweepstakes prize. Marko enters the Parade of Lights annually and has placed in the top three in the categories he has entered.
Here is the full list of winners.
- Papa, Marko Bratina & Elsa Koryna
Yacht Club Over 30’
- 1st Place: Pacific Corinthian Yacht Club
- 2nd Place: Channel Islands Yacht Club
Yacht Club 30’ and Under
- 1st Place: Anacapa Yacht Club (Angie Frausto & Mike Gram)
Electric Boat (Boat Name/Boat Owner)
- 1st Place: Boat-Tox, Mark & Shirley Wolfe
- 2nd Place: Habeas Porpoise, Craig Adams & Kelli Hawley
- 3rd Place: See Glass, Stacy Peterson
- 1st Place: Central Coast Electric Boats (Frank Laza)
Individual Over 30’ (Boat Name/Boat Owner)
- 1st Place: Hammer Time, Jason Hammer
- 2nd Place: Family Therapy, Andrew & Holly Sieber
- 3rd Place: Bossealady, Pam Rutherford
Individual 30’ and Under (Boat Name/Boat Owner)
- 1st Place: Papa, Marko Bratina & Elsa Koryna
- 2nd Place: Excalibur, Deborah Zummerling
- 3rd Place: Four Winns, Krisztof Borowski
Best Dressed Crew
- Boat-Tox, Mark & Shirley Wolfe
Most Humorous Display
- Cielo, Edward Ray Fontaine
Editor’s Note: this story was originally published on December 11, 2022 and updated on December 14, 2022 to reflect the Yacht Club Over 30′ winner.